Friday, March 16, 2012


Such words to try to live by each day...."Just Think"

Just Think

By Roy Lessin

Just think,
you're here not by chance,
but by God's choosing.
His hand formed you
and made you the person you are.
He compares you to no one else.
You are one of a kind.
You lack nothing
that His grace can't give you.
He has allowed you to be here
at this time in history
to fulfill His special purpose
for this generation.

We start to sound like our parents when we question if this generation will ever understand we are here to fulfill a special purpose don't we......

Most of us leave this life without even knowing we did fulfill and make an impression on the next generation, we want to believe it but those words are rarely spoken....


It's when we've read an obituary that we usually step up and say you know.... Mr. and Mrs. So and So was always so nice to feed me on Wednesday nights with their family when my parents worked nights, or Mr and Mrs So and So would pack you into their Volkswagen to take you to church with their family, or my friend So and So who would often disagree with me but always take my side, then gently reminded me why I might be wrong. 

It's the So and So's in our lives that used "his grace" to fulfill his special purpose in our lives.....to "my" personal So and So's  who are mostly gone, I hope you know that I often "just think".....and try to pay it forward, even if others don't always understand that's what I am trying to do....just goes to show, someday I will be in good company when I become someone's So and So.

Until then I will remember "I am not here by chance" and neither are YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment